Hello, citizens of Horowtzia. I just realized that it's past time to start electing the new Board President of the Anthony Horowitz Message Board! I guess I've been slacking. (or maybe it was all a plan to sneakily remain in office! *lightning* Muahahahaha!)
So let's begin, the BP elections will be held from now until the 5th of December. Sorry I have to run over but my lateness with this makes us need the extension.
So I'm thinking:Nominations: 26th-29thCampaigning Begins: 30thVoting: 2nd-4th
You can nominate anyone as long as they are not a Mod or Admin or Anthony Horowitz (if you are unsure who a Mod or Admin is then it will say above a person's avatar whether they are or not, or you can check their profile). You are allowed to nominate the current BP or previous BPs. If you are nominated, then you have every right to decline if you wish too. If you are nominated then simply say, "I accept" or "I decline"... or similar If you are nominating people... don't nominate for someone who has already been nominated beucase it's a waste of time.
Once the nominations are over, the campaigning begins. The nominees can present a speech as to why they would make a good BP and then they can advertise themselves with signatures, avatars and whatever else inspires them. If you think you've done something BP-worthy in the Board, you can comment on that, showing that you're good BP material.
(Lots of the above was quoted and paraphrased from MadameLapin, so thanks!)
As for the role of BP, refer to Hydra and Bingo below:
A BP should be there to make life easier for members, whether it is to reply to questions or help out in moderate conflicts. They should go out of their way to provide as much help and information as possible. A BP is not a moderator. They can't decide what is right and what is wrong. They should only mediate. The BP is a reference member to which everyone can look at and see how things should be done.
Bingo's official list of a Board President's duties:
1) Welcoming and helping new members with a friendly PM, or if their inbox is full you can simply say ''welcome to the board'' when you post, or in Members Info.
[ Unofficial Hints: If a newbie with under 15 posts PMs to ask a question, its helpful to tell them that after you answer they have to have more than 15 posts so their inbox can hold more than one message. Also, a BP should direct members who post off-topic asking for something else, or start weird new threads by linking them to where they should go.]
2) Making sure that the threads you post in are not over 50 pages, nor off-topic, and running smoothly ( aka no fighting, swearing, etc )
[ If a thread hasnt been locked for while, you can report to a moderator and ask them to lock it or if you're unsure whether or not it should be locked, ask them whether or not its allowed. Also, saying 'BOT' alot helps. These arent usually needed though since most members do it on their own ]
3) Reminding everyone of the rules and moderator requests ( for instance, the three-sentence rule in couples, or the RP rules etc )
1st Amendment (by the Board President Pedro-ologist): A BP will, when elected, apoint a Deputy Board President. Please note: it is a good Idea to PM the person you would like to be DBP before you are elected and sort of say "hey *insert name* if you get elected, would you mind being my DBP?"
[ A BP isnt a mod, its not your responsibility to check absolutely everyone and everything etc, but you can help, unless you're supposed to 'mod' a certain thread like i do with Couples and RP, then its not needed]
**** What a BP really does is that they're the member people can go to without being intimidated with a mod. And they usually know the threads and members better than the mods so they're around more to make sure everything's okay. A BP is really a sort of connection between the members and moderators, you just PM or report if anything goes wrong.
Bingo's list of unofficial Board President Duties:
1) Although this isnt supposed to be done by the BP in particular, its kind of customary that a BP does Horowards once every month. You can ask people for help in counting votes though, and just c/p last month's to make it easier.
2) Because you're only BP for a few months, around February the next elections should begin, and once again its pretty customary that you run them. Either another mod or member or i will be there to help, but it'll mostly be done by the BP.