*ahem* *clears throat* And the Oscar goes to ...
As official partner in the running-of-the-elections in the March 01 - June 01 Board President Elections i am proud to announce, that for the first time ever, we have a two-time-winning Board President!
I am sure meggy will do a job every bit as fabulous as her predecessor's and i would like to congratulate all the other nominees who would have been just as fabulous. Because, of course, the votes are confidential, i'm not going to say the exact tally (is that the word? dunno) but i am glad to tell that we had plenty of voters this time around and that meggy won by a stretch ^^ Congratulations meggy! Hard luck to all the rest, but i gotta say, if it wasnt gonna be gypo, it's you ferr sure
*ME* will be PMing you the list of BP duties soon, but until then i\m going to quote the previously posted list of rules i gave her when she won. But before that:
THE NEW BP AVATAR!
Annnd here's the rules megs:
Bingo's official list of a Board President's duties:
1) Welcoming and helping new members with a friendly PM, or if their inbox is full you can simply say ''welcome to the board'' when you post, or in Members Info.
[ Unofficial Hints: If a newbie with under 15 posts PMs to ask a question, its helpful to tell them that after you answer they have to have more than 15 posts so their inbox can hold more than one message. Also, a BP should direct members who post off-topic asking for something else, or start weird new threads by linking them to where they should go.]
2) Making sure that the threads you post in are not over 50 pages, nor off-topic, and running smoothly ( aka no fighting, swearing, etc )
[ If a thread hasnt been locked for while, you can report to a moderator and ask them to lock it or if you're unsure whether or not it should be locked, ask them whether or not its allowed. Also, saying 'BOT' alot helps. These arent usually needed though since most members do it on their own ]
3) Reminding everyone of the rules and moderator requests ( for instance, the three-sentence rule in couples, or the RP rules etc )
[ A BP isnt a mod, its not your responsibility to check absolutely everyone and everything etc, but you can help, unless you're supposed to 'mod' a certain thread like i do with Couples and RP, then its not needed]
**** What a BP really does is that they're the member people can go to without being intimidated with a mod. And they usually know the threads and members better than the mods so they're around more to make sure everything's okay. A BP is really a sort of connection between the members and moderators, you just PM or report if anything goes wrong.
Bingo's list of unofficial Board President Duties:
1) Although this isnt supposed to be done by the BP in particular, its kind of customary that a BP does Horowards once every month. You can ask people for help in counting votes though, and just c/p last month's to make it easier. Because there's no attic now, i think Horowards are allowed a few - a FEW - posts that arent votes to discuss them.
2) Because you're only BP for a few months, around February the next elections should begin, and once again its pretty customary that you run them. Either another mod or member or i will be there to help, but it'll mostly be done by the BP.
3) Again, it's not required, but apparently the BP is expected to 'mod' the RolePlay when there is one. It's pretty easy - just enforce the rules the mods have already put up!
These are the ones i gave ME....she'll be doing the new ones... ^^
Thank you to everyone for voting and/or running. Once again, congratulations meggy! This thread will be kept open for a while so everyone can offer Ms. Presidente their congrats, and then it shalt be locked-eth. Oh, and everyone better start taking their sigs off now! ^^