October 21, 2014, 11:16:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new Alex Rider theme is now available - you can change your theme on your profile page.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Midsomer Murders  (Read 43250 times)
Pedro-ologist
I am the Snake King!!!
Assassin

Real men have pink avatars

Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 08:42:31 AM

are they based apon books? really?

So annoyed I can't change my custom title anymore. Few remain that get the in-joke...
Rainbowstar
I am the Lizard Queen!
Global Moderator
Assassin

I can see through time...

Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 08:19:46 AM

Yes they are, pedro.  AH only did the adaptation to some of them, the others were done by other script writers.

As to the quesiton of why characters were killed or not, I have absolutely no clue, it might have somehting to do with cinematic value though

But whats so bad about being evil? Our evil is rather agreeable. We are actually rather pleasantly evil.
~ Kilgraw

Simpson fan ay?
simmopaul
Cub

Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 08:51:38 AM

I was interested to read the Mail story by AH about Midsomer and the demise of John Nettles and its effect on the programme. I do like the programme although have not seen many episodes, and having been in it a couple of times ( as an extra ) you could say I have a vested interest, but right now it would be sad to see such an iconic production disappear and the effect it may have on the jobs of the crew and everyone attached ?  There is no doubt John Nettles is the figurehead and it will have to be a very clever casting to replace him, but isnt it as much about the storylines, the locations and the period theme of Midsomer which is also of significance here ?  If viewers are still watching it then I think it has a few years to go yet, but it will be  sad to see John Nettles leave.
Simmo
ferrari94
Cub

Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 05:24:48 PM

I have so far watched about 90% of all the Midsomer Murders episodes made. I love the way how Anthony writes it and how there is plenty of drama whatever is going on.  smiley
MadCatta
Assassin

TO LIIIIVE IS TO FLYYY

Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 08:27:12 PM

i've just watched them shoot a scene for MM...

Overground, underground, wombleing free, the Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we! Making good use of the things that we find, the things that the average folk leave behind... 
Pedro-ologist
I am the Snake King!!!
Assassin

Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 03:30:40 PM

I was watching TV just...15 min ago and I was watching a midsomer murders episode.

Guess who by?

Thats right, it was AH. strangely it was one not listed on the first page...it was something begining with E i think, i will find out and edit later

It was really good...not as funny as i was expecting from AH (althogh it is based apon a book...so it is not AH's choice as to weather it is funny or not) but never mind, it was brilliant! much better than the brand new ones (the ABC is showing series 2 on friday nights at 8:30 if aussies out there are wondering). AH really is great at writing screenplays!

So annoyed I can't change my custom title anymore. Few remain that get the in-joke...
Carter
Raven

Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 08:50:45 AM

Strangler's Wood is one of my favourite episodes. Now that I have found out that Mr. Horowitz worked on it, it makes complete sense. I should try and watch more that he has participated in.
Pedro-ologist
I am the Snake King!!!
Assassin

Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 10:51:15 AM

A little while ago i was watching Midsomer Murders...and it was by AH!!! It was Dead Mans Eleven and it was really good! I would not say it was enjoyable...because it is about murders...but it was really good!

BeeTee
Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 12:39:05 PM

I dont watch MM but my mom does:D
TiggsRulz:)
Ark Angel

Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 10:38:18 AM

Foyles War is WAYY better than midsomer murders

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.
Pedro-ologist
I am the Snake King!!!
Assassin

Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:01 AM

Maybe your post could be improved by explaining why.

Why is foyles war better? Is it thr acting, the screen play, the story itself, or is it just more entitaining?

Also, are you talking about MM as a whole, the first 3 series of MM (which were actually quite good) or are you talking about the later series...

MadCatta
Assassin

TO LIIIIVE IS TO FLYYY

Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 06:52:04 PM

Hey, in these next few weeks they're filming MM in my village again. Floodlights are killers, though.. such a waste of electricty, and they're near my house, and it's so, so annoying... And I don't even watch the show myself... but I've got friends who watch.. my boyfriend gave me an indepth commentary on the series.... I wasn't really taken by it, NGL...

Overground, underground, wombleing free, the Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we! Making good use of the things that we find, the things that the average folk leave behind... 
Ark Angel

Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 01:06:13 AM

Maybe your post could be improved by explaining why.

Why is foyles war better? Is it thr acting, the screen play, the story itself, or is it just more entitaining?

Also, are you talking about MM as a whole, the first 3 series of MM (which were actually quite good) or are you talking about the later series...

I agree that the earlier episodes of MM are good, but the later series' aren't that amazing, and even though it's a good show, Foyle's War is better in terms of character development, continuation of plot, etc. Also it's better because more of the episodes are written by AH Smiley grin

Pedro-ologist
I am the Snake King!!!
Assassin

Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 02:24:30 AM

Do you know what the story is about? Are you an extra?

Ark Angel

Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 11:55:07 AM

Do you know what the story is about?
Which one are you talking about - Foyles War, or Midsomer Murders?? huh
Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:00:38 PM by TiggsRulz:) Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Designed by Frequency Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS